Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Not A Soapbox But a Concern


I hate being on my soapbox but what can I do. Once again they have disposed of Jim's stool without sending it out for testing. On Feb 28 the doctor ordered a three day stool test. He wanted to see if there was any blood in the stool. Ok fine. The first specimen was taken that day and not one since. I questioned this over the weekend and was told they forgot and disposed. Monday I talked to the nurse manager and he put a great big note in the chart. Guess what you can probably go to nursing school but that does not mean you can read. The stool specimens were once again thrown out. What am I going to do stand over them and get them to do their job.
Next, I went in on Saturday and Jim was sunk into his bed without his pillow. I asked about this and they said it was like that when I came in. I then said that the bed did not seem to be fully inflated. Don said he would check. Sunday, Ron said he would check. Monday Martha said she would check. Today Patty checked and his bed was deflated behind his back and that was why he was sunk down. Called the nursing supervisor in and explained the situation and he gave me that blank stare look. Ok I'll call the bed people. I asked him why the nurses did not check this out. Another blank stare. Hopefully they can do this tonight or we may have to wait until morning.
In other news, Jim was off the vent this morning. He's having a little trouble talking but he just needs to work at this. Everything else ok. Had dialysis today. They say he is doing great.
Loved this photo and wanted to do another layout for Jack's book. Already done one for Luke's bed. Thank you to Gina, Nancy, Bob and Caroline for the cards. I even got a smile out of him. I took down all the valentine cards down and working on spring cards.

1 comment:

Charlene said...

Tag your it!! you have been tagged on my blog so check it out.

Hope the problems get worked out...I know your frustraion when my dad was sick if we wanted something done we were best to take care of it ourselves.