Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Jim Got a Haircut Today


For Christmas mom gave Jim a in house haircut from the traveling haircut guy. Because he has been having so many ups and downs we just haven't had it done. Today was the day and what a day it was. Jim has a fresh haircut and wash and he looks and feels great. Thanks mom for this.
Everyone knows I have been freaking out about the latest abscess on Jim's stomach. The opening is about the size of a dime and it is really draining. We were really afraid that it was the gall bladder or the worst that it was from a tunnel from the chest wound. It's none of these according to the CT scan and the ultrasound. It is simply an abscess or what you and I call a boil. Oh happy day.
The other day I asked Dr. L about getting Jim in a chair. She said no that he was not ready. Today I came in and they were getting Jim into a chair. I asked wow what are you doing. They said Dr. L ordered the chair. Ok let's go for it. He looked very content in the chair. Next respiratory came in and guess what, they took him off the vent. I was so scared with all of this. Jim did just great. He was alert and even talking a little. He needs to work on his vocal cords because he has not used them. I called Teresa and had the boys talk to him. Boy did that put a smile on his face and it really perked him up. It was almost normal. The only words he did say were drink, coke, water and sip. Jim's back with us because he has not asked for anything to drink since the first of the year. He was in the chair and off the vent for 6 hours. I saw Dr. L after dinner and and she was very pleased. She said that this may be what he needs is to get up a little bit.
They are going to have to be a little careful because when I came back he butt was sitting on his TV monitor remote and the call light was under his back.
For once we had a good day. We haven't had many of those. This layout is digital layout and I was trying out the faded photo look.

No comments: