Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter Everyone


First I want to congratulate my nephew Rick and his wife Heather on the purchase of their first home. They closed last week and are now part of the American dream. A mortgage. I am so happy for both of you. And you to Rizzo (the pug in the background.)
My wonderful Jim is losing the battle that he has fought so hard. It is breaking my heart. I sit with him and hold his hand and just try to feel the strength that binds us together. I put my hand on his cheek and he tries to rub his face against my hand. I know that he will go knowing that I loved him dearly and I will know that he loved me with all of his heart. The doctor has asked to meet with me tomorrow to discuss "the talk". I dread this discussion but I do no want Jim to suffer any more than he has to. I told him tonight that if he is ready he goes with my love and that I would be all right.
I spent the day with Jim and then had Easter dinner with my family. Thank you Mom, Barbara and Jackie for everything you have done for me. I love all of you. I just got back from the hospital. I wanted to spend a little more time with him and to say good night. The nurses kept coming in to hug me. There were tears from them also. They have all taken care of him for so long and they love him to. He's in good hands tonight.

No comments: