Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Up and Down Day



Today was kinda of up and down for Jim. This morning he was doing fine. All his vital signs were within normal range and he was alert and responsive. Kidney doctor pleased with him and decided dialysis would take off 2 and a half liters of fluid.

During dialysis my sister took Gitta and I down to Sharkey's for lunch. The resturant is right on the beach and you have this glorious view while lunching. Food was OK, typical beach food but it was fun.

When we got back to the hospital they were just finishing dialysis. This had worn him out but he was OK. At the end of our visit he was running a temperature of 100.8 so they gave him some Tylenol. He was pretty tired and slept through most of our visit. I was a little concerned about what was going on around the hospital. I still don't have a copy of the bill even though I asked for it 10 days ago. Second they only had one CNA for 33 patients which means he is not getting the attention he should. And this next thing pissed me off. They told me that I could no longer bring Misty to the hospital because it was their new policy. But guess what. One of the nurses today brought in her dog because she was in labor. Now I have a lot of sympathy for the dog but come on the patients love their dogs to and they can no longer visit. This does not seem fair to me. Ok that was my little bitch for the day.

We then went off to the usual bingo night. Mom is the only one that got to yell Bingo tonight. We had our normal pizza and soda's. We introduced Gitta to bingo and proved the theory of the new by winning wrong.

We made a quick visit back to the hospital and Jim's blood pressure was very low. It was 80 over 55 with a stolic of 63. I'm a little worried about this but Mary said she would watch him carefully. He was more alert and responsive to me and his fever had gone down.

1 comment:

mama j said...

Grrrrr....I'm mad w/ ya at the no dog policy--that's one thing HS is KNOWN FOR! Theraputic--oh my word...that makes me mad! Gawsh!

I wouldn't blame you, hanging at the hospital as much, on days when he gets bad nurses! That's just awful! So sorry you have to deal w/ attitude, in addition to everything else!

Enjoy your company! You are so busy! Love it!