Tuesday, April 8, 2008

We're on a Roller Coaster




Today started out pretty funny. Misty had her sights set on a Gecko. She chased it down but did not hurt it. The Gecko just stared her down until I dragged her back inside. It was hysterical to watch.

This is a photo of Jim todaywhile he was watching TV. You will notice his hair is very short. We had it cut so he would be more comforable. The words Dr. H used were "rallying" and "unbelievable." No one can understand what is happening with Jim right now. He is completely stable and all of his vital signs are normal. For me this is an emotional roller coaster. Two weeks ago they told me Jim would probably not make it through the night. Then they said the weekend. Then they said the week. Now they are saying he is stable and they are not sure what is going to happen. Jim is amazing and has this will to live that is surpassing everything that is wrong with him. Tomorrow we will know what the situations is with his kidneys and that will tell us something.

I do not know what tomorrow will bring but for today my Jim is there and fighting with all of his might. He was awake practically the entire day and communicating with everyone that came to see him. Everyone at the hospital is stopping in to see him because they want to see for themselves how he is doing. All of these people know the crisis he has been in and are dumbfounded.

As for me I am just enjoying every day I have with him. I am scared to death for us to hit that wall again and what that will mean for us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a blessing from God! I am so glad that you have this time right now! Just breathe and live and smile. Carpe Diem!
Cheers!
Amanda