Monday, April 21, 2008

Even Doctor Surprised Today


Jim was even more alert today and even surprised Dr. Liggett. She said wow he's communicating with me today.
Saturday they started Jim on a heavier food substance through a tube they inserted in his nose that goes directly to his stomach. They could not do this surgically because of the past tube. The reason for this is that Jim has to be off of the TPN to move on to the next step as I explained a couple of days ago. He is tolerating it really well and it has even boosted his energy level. There is also a decreased issue of infection because it does not go through his blood vessels like the TPN. The TPN should be stopped tomorrow. He says he does not even feel it. When the doctor asked him today if he had any pain he shook his head no. She said to him you are my iron man.
So we proceed with out goals and hope for the best.

1 comment:

mama j said...

I'm so glad you've had so many good days, lately! I'm reading, daily-though life has been a bit chaotic and I haven't posted...you're in my thoughts and prayers!