Thursday, September 13, 2007

Today Was Busy

I left the house today about 10:00 to go see Jim. I knew he was going to Sarasota Memorial and wanted to get there before he left. Got there and he was all snug under his blankets and he was just waiting. At hospitals waiting is always the key.

We talked with Dr. Hume and he really didn't know anything about what was going to happen and was defferring to Dr. Shiro. He did say one of two things were going to happen. One they would debried the chest wall wound and the second was that they would have to do surgery. This will all depend on Dr. Shiro. (the original heart surgeon.)

So Jim told me to go ahead and play cards and they would call me when he was transferred. I got done playing cards around 4:00 and ran over to the hospital since I had not heard from them. He was still at Healthsouth. They actually didn't transfer him until 5:30. So since I can never be with him during the transfer process I went ahead and went to a scrapbook class I had signed up for. I'll post the photo when I have the pages done.

Well at 8:30 I went to Sarasota Memorial. There he was all snug in his room. He actually had a nurse that had been taking care of him at Healthsouth. They go back and forth between ICU and HS. So he was perfectly comfortable. Nothing had been done yet. So for today nothing happened except the transfer. The infectous disease doctor had been in and so had Dr. Hume. Tomorrow Dr. Shiro will be in and they will make some decisions.

So for me it was a lot of running around and I even had a little fun during the day. Poor Jim had to just lay there and wait.

No comments: