Sunday, September 16, 2007

Looking Into Jim's Eyes



Oh happy Day. Bears Win. Bucs Win. And our Loser's this week Oakland and Kansas City --- Thank you for losing.
Today I looked into Jim's eyes and I knew he was going to get better. The spark was there and I truly believe we will get through this. He was laughing and interested in what was going on with his friends and family. The whole package was there. My Jim was truly all there. Now it's going to take awhile to resolve all of the problems he has but I think we are on an upward spiral. I know I have said this before but days like today make me really believe this.
He has some yeast growing in his blood but we have been there before and they are giving him antiobiotics for this. Wounds continue to be treated on his butt, back, stomach and chest. Oh and how can I forget the neck problems. But Jim is taking all of this in stride. They gave him another swallow test today and he passed. He ate all of his lunch and dinner. The presentation of the pureed foods at Sarasota Memorial is really good. They must have molds for this because the peas looked like peas and the pork looked like a cutlet. How I don't know. He spent the day watching football and luckily today went better than yesterday.
Tomorrow Dr. Shiro will be in to decide what he is going to do with the chest wound. Remember they opened it up completely on Friday. The nurse said it is really clean and looks good. The choices tomorrow will be to leave it alone or to close it up. Tomorrow we will find out.
For me I didn't make my goal of finishing the kitchen but I am getting closer. I think I'll shoot for next weekend. Mom and my sister came over for leftovers. Misty didn't tear up the house while I was at the hospital. Tonight I scrapbooked and watched the Emmey's. All in all it was a good day.

No comments: