Thursday, September 27, 2007

Taking 2 Days Off from the Hospital


I am taking the next two days off from the Hospital. I have talked to Jim about this and he knows I will basically not be at the hospital for the next two days. I will pop in to see him for about a half hour tomorrow but them I'm off.
Tomorrow starts the Crop for the Cure to benefit breast cancer research. Scrap book stores from all over the country are sponsoring crops to raise money. I am going to be at K2 Scrapbook store. At 10:30 tomorrow is a card class and then the crop starts at 3:00 and runs to midnight. On Saturday it is 10 to 10. I plan to get a lot of pages done and have some fun at the same time. My mom will visit Jim so he will not be completely abandoned.
He is enjoying his new bed and was in pretty good spirits today. He was off the ventilator of 2 and half hours while I was there this evening. I talked to the case manager today about their case meeting yesterday and it is the consensus that they want to wein him from the ventilotor. They will be working hard on this because they need him to eat. He really needs the nutrients to get the healing process into action.
I tucked him him at 8 and he was ready to watch Ugly Betty and Grey's Anatomy tonight. I watched both tonight and they were great. Have a great weekend everyone.

No comments: