Saturday, September 29, 2007

Scrap Pink


For the past two days I have been at Crop Pink. Crop Pink is a national fund raiser for Breast Cancer. We celebrate the women in our lives for who they are and what they bring to our lives. I scrapbooked a page honoring my mother. She is an amazing women and has given so much of herself to me and my sister. She is talented and a true artist. Recently she had one of her quilts on display at the Venice Art Museum and has received numerous awards for her quilts. Mom I love you and thank you for all that you have given me.
I would also like to celebrate the women that attended the K2 Scrap Pink. I am new to the area and am going through a very difficult time. You have welcomed me and become my friends. You have given me a place to hang out and just talk. This has meant so much to me and I thank everyone of you. This weekend was so much fun and I can't wait to do it again.
Jim did just fine today without me. Mom went to see him this afternoon and he was watching the Notre Dame game. I'm not sure how happy he was about the game. Purdue kicked their butts. Not a good year for the fighting Irish. According to the nurses Jim was awake most of the day and watching TV. His vital signs were normal and he was comfortable in his sand/air bed.
Misty missed me a lot this weekend so I'm going to go play with her.

No comments: