Saturday, September 8, 2007

Give The Gift of Life

This week Jim received another 2 pints of blood. He has probably gotten around 30 pints of blood during this long hospital stay. This reminds me how important it is for those that can give blood to do so. So many people need this blood including Jim. I can not longer give blood because I take Plavic but I used to donate, in fact I believe I was up to 3 Gallons. So if there is a blood drive near you, please donate. To find out where you can donate, visit http://www.givelife.org/ or call 1-800-GIVE-LIFE (1-800-448-3543).

We I screwed up this morning and did not get up in time to go play bridge. I was supposed to pick up my mother at 9:30 and I woke up at 9:45. Needless to say I didn't make it. Mom was so understanding and said we would play another day. Instead I did some much needed cleaning around the house.

Go Irish. We hoped. Jim is not very happy tonight. I made a quick visit into see Jim after going out to the movie tonight. I had been there right at the start of the game. He was really looking forward to the game. He was sitting in a chair with the Blue and Gold Report laid out in front of him, he'd had his dinner and he was set. Well at 9:30 he was unhappy. Notre Dame lost to Penn State. Now one member of my family is happy. My nephew Rick is a huge Penn State fan. In fact I talked to him today and he had a message for Jim. Tell Uncle Jim, "If ND had a quarterback they'd be deadly. But since they don't Penn is going to kick their butts." Rick, Jim wants to talk to you.

No comments: