Tuesday, September 18, 2007

No Bingos Again!

I am totally exhausted tonight. This morning I got up early to go to a bowling league meeting. I am going to sub for the ladies league on tuesday morning. Then they said the bowling alley said we could go bowl for free. Well I difinitely need the practice so I went home and got my bowling ball and away I went. I had never met any of these women but they were very nice to me and I did not embarrass myself. I bowled a 120 and 119. Not bad for me since I have not bowled since February.

Then I went off to see Jim. He is still in the ICU at Sarasota Memorial. He is not doing real well. Sunday was so good and now things have gone the other way. He has a yeast infection in the chest wound and it has gone into the bone and below. He is on the assist mode of the ventilator. This means that he is breathing on his own but the machine will assist him as needed. He can talk over the trach somewhat so he is able to communicate with me. He told me I looked tired and I should go home and sleep. I stayed with him for several hours and then when he drifted off to sleep I went home and took a nap.

Tonight I went to bingo and it was fun but alas no bingos for me. I'm off to bed now and a really good book.

No comments: