Friday, September 14, 2007

Doodling Layout Finished


As promised I finished my doodling layout from last nights class. It was such fun and Niki is an awsome teacher. She has more creativity and enthusiasm than I could ever hope for. I had to take the class twice before I really got the concept. This photo of Jack, Josh and Luke is so fun because it was taken after several hours at the swimming pool and they look so sun kissed.

Well Dr. Shiro woke me up at 6:30 am to let me know how Jim was doing and what his plans were. He wanted to open up the entire incision from his heart surgery and look and see what was going on. He was going to do this bedside in the ICU and he needed approval from me. He was going to use an IV sedative. I gave permission. He called me back about an hour latter and he was really pleased with the results. He cleaned out the pus pocket and debried several areas. He also removed one chest wire that he felt was a little suspect. He said he was pleased and, "I am really pleased with how far Jim has come. He's really alert and responsive." He and his partner are going to watch the wound through the weekend and decide if further action is required on Monday. He may close up the wound or do further cleaning. Now we wait.

I saw Jim late afternoon and he was doing great. The brought in one of the air mattress beds which are better for his bed sores. He wanted to eat. They are going to decide if tomorrow if he can eat. They have to do another swallow test. He was off the vent but he did have some pain so he asked for a shot. Once they gave him the shot he was ready to sleep. They had him on his side an he had his pillow the way he wanted it and so he was quite happy.

Thanks Mom for fixing dinner tonight. I do not know what I would do without you. Tomorrow I promise to do the same for you. Thanks Jackie for bringing me the drill bit to finish taking off the doors in the kitchen. I hope to have the kitchen done by Monday.

To everyone that reads this blog, thank you for being there for me.

2 comments:

Nikki Cleary said...

Patty-
Wow, your LO turned out AWESOME. It doesn't hurt that you have such an adorable photo!! I am so glad you came to my class again...it was really nice to see you again.
Thanks for saying such nice things about me!
Glad to hear that Jim is doing better...will keep your family in my prayers!

Latharia said...

Your LO is great, Patty! Sorry to find out about Jim ... will keep you in my prayers!