Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Misty Almost Full Grown


It has been a long time since I have taken care of a dog. I was much younger the last time. Misty was supposed to be Jim's dog. This illness may have changed that for him and Misty. Yes she goes to visit him all the time but it is not the same as feeding her and taking her for walks and just playing with her. The one thing I hope for that when he comes home that Misty once again becomes his little girl. Since I am the one that does all of her care she really clings to me when I'm home. The only time I make no difference to her is when either my Mom or my sister are here. When they are here she is their dog. Now that isn't to bad because Misty is now the family dog and that is as it should be.
Dr. Hume called me this morning and told me that Jim had a new development. He has had a small hole in the chest incision from the heart surgery. They have been watching this and it was approximately 1/2 inch deep. Today there was excessive drainage and they believe it to be a pus pocket. They have no idea of its size. Dr. Hume told me he was going to call Dr. Shiro, the original heart surgeon, and consult with him. He believed that Jim would be transferred to Sarasota Memorial today to have Dr. Shiro look at this situation. He said that this may have been the elusive infection they kept looking for. He is now back on antiobiotics. And as usual he was not transferred to SMH. They had no beds. This will happen in the morning.
Since he was not transferred today they decided to give him another pint of blood tonight to give him an added boost for tomorrow. When I left him tonight he was tired and ready to go to bed. The nurses had him rolled over on his side and he was quite content.
My day was spent mainly running back and forth with him. I did go to my weekly scrap and dash at the local scrapbook store. It is always a good time and a wonderful time to just be with other women that love the hobby as much as I do.

No comments: