Saturday, September 22, 2007

Such a happy moment


Our friends Jack and Kathy came to visit today and Jim was really happy to see them. He was smiling and enjoying the visit.

Once again Notre Dame lost and this does not make Jim happy. But what does make Jim happy is his grandchildren. They bring him such joy. Today he was asking me about Joshua and if he was peeing in the tolet yet. I told him he had a couple of times but he's working on it. It seems like just yesterday that Joshua was this little bitty baby. This picture really makes me smile.

Jim is still fighting the infection. He told me today he still wants to fight this. He is a little weaker and is still on the pressure vent. He still is not strong enough to go back on the speaking valve. Maybe tomorrow. He had no fever which is good but his sugars were a little high. Not real back but they were 195. He just shook his head when the nurse told him.

Kathy and Jack thank you for dinner. It was wonderful. You are such special friends and are a great support to me and to Jim. I love you both.

No comments: