Thursday, February 28, 2008

Today was really good






I wish I had had my camera with me today because Jim looked so great. He looked so normal I just couldn't believe it. The nurse said he had been doing great all day. The dialysis nurse said they had reduced Jim to 2 hours of dialysis instead of 4 and a half hours. His creatine clearence is 14. This is so great. He had been at 4 and then 8 and now 14. All of his other number are normal except for the protein level. He seems to have some protein leakage. The doctor said this is the part that is most troubling. Still having some problems with the vent but they are keeping on top of this. I will try to remember the camera tomorrow so you can see how good he looks.


Today is a new day also for us as far as Jim's doctor is concerned. Jim has been with Dr. H from the beginning and Dr. L for 4 days every 10. This is now changing. Dr. H has stepped down as medical director and will continue with 15 patients. Dr. L will take over 7 patients and they have hired 2 more doctors to cover the other patients. They talked to Jim and I about this several weeks ago and asked us what we wanted to do. Both doctors are great but Dr. H is not very communicative. We have chosen to go with Dr. L just because she talks to us. This is nothing against Dr. H but we have always felt that he did not talk to Jim and it was always hard to pin him down and get him to talk. Jim and I talked about this and I asked him what he wanted to do. He said he wanted to go with "the pretty doctor." That is always what he calls her. So starting today this is what we have done. We were given a choice because we had been there so long. We also told Dr. H that in no way did we consider his care inferior. He will continue to backup Dr. L.


These are a couple of layouts I did over the past several days. Been busy catching up after last week. It is amazing how much laundry I have. Plus Misty never leaves my side. I think she missed me last week.

No comments: