Thursday, February 14, 2008

I've Got The Scoop


I have finally gotten to chat with Dr. Hume. Here's what He had to say:
  • Wounds are improving and have not taken any backward steps
  • CT scan is normal
  • EEG he has not seen any results but promised me he would find out.
  • Episodes (the unresponsive events) He says that with all of what he's going through these types of things happen. He has no specific reason. They keep checking things.
  • Eye infection is under control but they will continue the eye drops for another week.
  • Kidneys are showing improvement and that is why they only put another temporary line in.
  • Infections are still being treated by antiobiotics. The current growth in his blood may stem from the kidneys not processing the blood and the pick line.
  • He is stable and improving and that is the best we can hope for according to the doctor. Dr. Hume said, "He is a mircale and has a tremendous will to live, so that is what we are going for."
So I guess this is where we are right now. Today with the help of my sister Jim gave me flowers and candy. He was so proud and happy to do something for me. It warmed my heart that he felt he was in control and was able to celebrate Valentine's Day with me. It is the very small things in life that are so important. His telling me he loved me with so much heart made my day and my week. I love you to Jim.

No comments: