Sunday, January 27, 2008

Took some time away from the computer







Had a really good weekend. Spent time with friends. Spent time with family.

Spent time with Misty. And I spent some time with Jim.


Friday night I went to the every other week Scrap Therapy. A group of about 15 women get together and just have a good time chatting and working on our scrapbooks. It's fun and a way to get rid of the frustrations of the week. I made several layouts Friday night. There are more but I can only post so many with each post.


Saturday I went and rented some movies for Jim and I to watch. Wouldn't you know the DVD player stopped working. Just our luck. So we just spent the time together and watched TV. He's doing fine but has some anxiety over being off the vent. They tell me this is natural and soon he will get used to being off. He is off about half of the day. Dialysis continues with Bun at 55 and creatine at 3.1. He is starting to put out some significate urine so they are thinking about doing the 24 hour urine test. This is the test that will determine if he needs to continue on the dialysis. We do have some more challenges. His amputed leg has become bent from lying in bed. They put a splint on it to try to keep it straight but that rubbed a sore so now that is off. Therapy works with it every day and we are keeping a small pillow under the leg to try to straighten it. I also work with this every day to help Jim with this. He also has an eye infection. They are putting drops in his eye. Also Dr. Van Winkle debrieded the shoulder wound. This is almost healed. Other than this all is well. The bright side, his mood is good.


Saturday night I went to a card party at the club house. There were about 150 people there and it was fun to get out. I won a door prize. Dinner at Applebees just down the street. Jackie couldn't come because she has a terrible cold and we are all staying away from her.


Rick and Heather's house is coming along great. I can't believe it is going up so fast. The bathtub


is already in and they are working on the fireplace. It will be done before they know it.

Sunday I went and bought a new DVD player. They are only $29 at Walmart. Prices sure have come down. So today Jim and I watched Live Free Die Hard. He was tired and wanted to sleep so we didn't watch the other movie. We can do that tomorrow. Jim has the TV very loud so his roommate was able to watch the movie too. Jim was fine today with no problems.

I spent the rest of the day just hanging out with Misty. We took two bike rides today. I am going farther and farther each time. My legs hurt a little tonight but it was such a beautiful day I just had to get outside. It was 68 degrees and sunny. This is what Florida is all about. Come see me and I'll share the sunshine.

No comments: