Monday, January 14, 2008

Jim is feeling good



Yesterday and today I saw a real difference in Jim. I guess when they take 30 pounds of fluids out of you you stop sloshing around. His hands are so thin. His ring barely stays on. He's alert, smiling and interested in what is going on. I have not talked to any of the doctors because I keep missing them but hope to connect tomorrow with them. I have left messages. Basically all of his vital signs are normal. Chest wound still has the wound vac and his butt is showing some improvement. He is going to have another week of dialysis. His numbers are still not what the doctors want to see.
A new development today was that Jim got a roommate. I don't know how long this is going to last but we will see. It is now really crowded in his room. I don't know where they are going to put the dialysis machine tomorrow.
Worked on the bicycle today but we are still not there. I did a bunch of little things that I have been neglecting but it feels good to get some of this done. I also started a calendar back in NOvember and I finally finished the January pages. I even hung it up. More when I know more.

No comments: