Thursday, January 17, 2008

Some good news for once



I finally got a report on how Jim has been doing over the last 10 days. First Russanne is very pleased with how Jim's wounds are doing. She was gone for 2 weeks so she had not seen them during that time. The butt sore is one third smaller and not very deep. Yeah. It is healing. The wound vac is doing a great job on the chest wound. I don't want to be to technical but here it is. There were two separate wounds in the chest with the center healed over but there was a tunnel under the skin connecting the two. The tunnel is now healed and there is no connection. The top wound used to pulse from the lungs. This not happening now. The bottom wound was tunneling downward and curving. This is no longer true. The tunnel has healed. The have called Dr. Van Winkle for a consult tomorrow and the word is that surgery may be unnecessary. Cross your fingers. The is the first time I have gotten any goods news about his wounds.
As for the kidneys. This is a wait and see game. He is peeing a little bit. We just have to work through this process.
Jim was in a really good mood today. Especially after the doctor gave us this report. He was smiling and joking with the nurses. They took him off the vent for about an hour. We'll try it again tomorrow. This is also a slow process. He told me to go play bridge at the tournament and not to worry about him because he was going to be just fine.
I did play in the Sectional here tonight. There were 6 brackets and of course we were in the top bracket. But guess what. We won. We play again tomorrow morning. I also had group therapy today. These sessions are very good for me and give me perspective on how to handle the day to day events of my life.
Oh my god. Happy Birthday Rick. I totally forgot to call you. I will call you tomorrow. I love you and hope your day is great. Hope you got the package from Home Depot. Love that you are getting the shower in your new house.

No comments: