Sunday, January 6, 2008

Jim to start Dialysis

The kidney doctor just called me and he wants to start Jim on Dialysis. His protein levels are going up and this is not good. He also said (well he said a lot) but this is the crux: there seems to be too many toxins in his blood. They need to clean this out. It's Sunday and he has to call a radiology team in to do this so it will happen some time this afternoon. He has to go to Doctors or Sarasota hospital to have the line put in and then he'll go back to Healthsouth and the dialysis will start. I'll let everyone know where we go from here. I'm off to the hospital now.

I have finally picked my word for the year. It is strength. The most basic meaning is: strength
1. The quality or state of being strong; ability to do or to bear; capacity for exertion or endurance, whether physical, intellectual, or moral; force; vigor; power; as, strength of body or of the arm; strength of mind, of memory, or of judgment. "All his [Samson's] strength in his hairs were." (Chaucer) "Thou must outlive Thy youth, thy strength, thy beauty." (Milton)

My inspiration for a word for the year comes from Ali Edwards. You can read about it on her blog: http://itsallaboutme.typepad.com/

I know I'm rambling but that's my state right now. So for today, let me find the strength to get through today.

No comments: