Thursday, August 16, 2007

Remembering Happier Times



As I looked at Jim today I was remembering how happy he was when we moved to Florida. He was making new friends at the bridge club and was enjoying our life here in the sunshine. He was like a little kid when someone called to see if he could play bridge. He would look at me and smile and say do you care if I play today. I always said yes. I was so happy that he could go out and do what he loved best and that was to play bridge.


He also loved the new life we were creating. Time with my family and exploring Sarasota. He even enjoyed a new card game Hands and Foot that he played with my family.


He missed his family and friends but always said we could go visit. He loves his grandchildren so much and they bring such joy to him. The one time they were here he never even saw them. I have recounted their visit to him in pictures and stories and he smiles every time. He says we'll go visit. I am not sure today that that will ever happen. The doctors are concerned. I am concerned.


Jim I love you. Please fight this. Please come back to the new life we are creating. I need you so. You are the light in my life.
Patty


No comments: