Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Kathryn left tonight.

Kathryn had to go home tonight. Jim really hated to see her leave. He has brightened up so much with her here. She spent all the time she could with her father. It was wonderful for both of them. I peeked in twice a day on Jim and then left them alone. There is nothing better than a father spending time with his children. It does not matter if they are 3 to 50. It is important time.

Jim looks better today than he has looked throughout this ordeal. He had lots of action today. A plastic surgeon (and according to Kathryn he was very easy to look at) came in and removed the scab from Jim's bedsores. They are actually healing. The stomach doctor came in to put the plug in but the nursing staff ordered the wrong materials. Now it will have to wait a week while Dr. Nora goes on vacation. This is an experimental treatment so no one else can really do it. A nuerosurgeon came in to see Jim's neck also. Not really sure what is going to happen there but none of it is any good. This doctor also told us to get some protein powder and give it to Jim, he needs it to heal. Dr. Hume said Jim is looking much better.

As for me I actually slept for 10 hours last night. I needed it bad and plan to do the same thing tonight. Went to Scrap and Dash and that is always fun and then my sister and I were off to the airport with Kathryn. I don't like to drive that bridge but Jackie does not seem to mind. Thank God for my Sister. I would never have made it through this without her. Jackie I love you. You are my rock.

No comments: