Friday, August 17, 2007

Jim smiled while he slept today.



Today was a good day for Jim. He was off the ventilator all day and tonight he had his speaking valve on so we could talk. It is so much easier than trying to read his lips. When we play the charade game he just shakes his head when I don't get what he's saying. He gets so frusrated but I always get the word bullshit. Everyday brings new challenges but today we didn't have any so it's nice to have a quiet day. The kidney doctor was in and said all was well. His general doctor was pleased with his condition today.


I told him Bob and Kathy were coming tomorrow and it was like a transformation went over him. He was smiling and telling the nurses they were coming. He is so happy. He got a chance to talk to Kathy on the phone and what a pick up that was for him. The physical therapist came in right after the phone call to give him a neck message (he has a stiff neck) and he went to sleep in the middle of it and he was smiling. It was so cute. Don't tell him I said so because it will embarass him.


I was energized by his condition so I came home and did these two scrapbook pages. These photos were taken on our cruise last year. I took them in tonight to show to him and we both smiled and talked about our cruise. I love the quote. "Life may not be the party we had hoped for, but while we are here, we might as well dance." I don't know who said it but it is so true. No matter what life has in store for Jim we are happy being together right now and loving each other. We tell each other everyday. I think in our daily lives we didn't do this as often as we should have but we are now.


What I have to say to who ever reads this. Tell the people you love that you do love them. Verbalizing your emotions and tell them they mean so much to you and tell them how much you love them. Tell them every day. Take the time because it is so important.


Jim and I had a relaxing evening together watching TV and holding hands. Today was good or as Jim would say, "Life is Good."

1 comment:

Jocelyn said...

I met you briefly at K2 yesterday when you came in to get the new papers. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Jocie