Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Jim Is Getting Better

Today is day 97 of Jim's hospitalization. So many of you have asked me how I was doing and I always say great becaus that is what I want to be. Most days I am great. I do all the things I normally do but there are other days I just don't do anything. I call these my Pity Days. You know what I deserve them.

Today is not one of my PD. Jim was feeling rather good today. Yesterday he had his hair cut and his eyebrows clipped. I know this made him feel better. He really looked better. You could have braided his hair. When I went to see him today he was feeling good. He does still have problems:
  • Gall Bladder infected
  • Trach still not out
  • Catherter
  • A hole in his stomach. You could put a golf ball into the hole. The hole in the stomach wall still has not healed up so sometimes whatever he drinks comes out the hole.

Good things:
  • Smaller trach tube
  • No fever
  • Getting stronger
  • He can talk
  • He can eat pureed foods

So all in all he's getting better. As for me I'm getting better to. Mrs. Stoffer and I are on intimate terms and she visits often. I am doing a lot of scrapbooking. I'll post some of my pages soon. Misty keeps me busy and she loves visiting Jim. Today she got away from us and was running around the nurse's station. I was laughing even while I tried to catch her. She can be a trip.

No comments: