Monday, August 27, 2007

Made Jim Smile Today



Every day I try to bring in a card or photo that will make Jim smile. I was looking through some photos this morning and found this one. I printed it 8 x 10 so he can really see it. He loved this picture and I got a really big smile. He gave me a bigger grin when I told him that Lucas's shirt said, "That's It. I'm going to grandma's." You have got to love that.

Jim had another good day today. He went to the hospital for a MRI of his neck. The trip didn't tire him as much as previous trips so I think he is getting stronger. Dr. Nora was in and put a form of glue into his stomach hole. The good thing he said was that the hole was almost closed. This glue is the same glue that they use to close up surgical patients after heart surgery. We are hoping this will work and that he will be able to eat soon. The sooner he eats the sooner he'll get his strength back.

I had a meeting today with the hospital administrator regarding Jim's broken neck and the entire situation surrounding this. They are now on notice.

We are still on the upward track so keep praying for the best because he is still fighting to get better. Tomorrow PT is going to get him to sit on the side of the bed. This is big. I hope he can do this.

No comments: