Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Happy Birthday Mom


Today my sister and I took mom for her very first pedicure and manacure. Of course we had the same done. The three of us sat in those big ole chairs and had the works done. It was absolutely great. What fun to do this together. Then tonight we went and played bingo at the club house together. Jackie and I both had a bingo but there was no bingo for mom on her birthday. Everyone did wish her a happy birthday and sang the birthday song.

Kathy spent the entire day with Jim today. He is so happy to have her here with him. You can just see it in his face. They talked and relaxed and just generally had a great day together. The plug stuff for his stomach hole finally came in today and Dr. Nora is going to come in tomorrow and plug up the hole. Hopefully once this is done Jim will be able to eat. They give him food and liquids and then take them away from. It is just awful for him because he wants a drink so bad. He is getting nutrition through an IV but it just is not the same as putting something in your mouth.

He seemed a little better to me today. He was more alert and was asking about day to day stuff like have I paid for my Cobra and have I paid the car payment. Which by the way on September 1st will be our last car payment. (Doing the happy dance) Kathy was amazed that he was able to pick out names of people on the TV today such as old singers and writers His mind is very active and seems as sharp as ever. I had worried about this because for several days he seemed so confused. He has declined all pain medication. He says he's done with that stuff.

Since Jim is talking now he has been getting phone calls. He really can't answer the phone but when I am there I can get the phone for him. He loves to hear from people. I am usually there from 11:30 to 1:00 and 5:00 to 7:00. If I don't answer just call back. The direct line is 941-342-3132. Don't everyone call tomorrow space out those calls. If the nurses are in the room they will pick up the phone for him.

Thanks to everyone for all of your thoughts and prayers. Patty and Misty

No comments: