Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Way to quiet at my house


Jim's sisters, niece and great niece left today so it is now really quiet in my house. Misty is running around looking for everyone. They spoiled her to death with all of the attention. We took out time yesterday to go to Siesta Beach. (Jack do you remember Siesta Beach?) and time for some photo ops. We picked up some sand for them to take back to Indiana.
Dr. Hume came in and talked to the family today about Jim's condition. According to him the most worrisome part is his chest wound. This is where the infection is. They believe it may have caused a small hole in his lung. They are aggressively treating this and we are not sure where we are going on this and what the possible outcome may be. The lung doctor was possitive tonight. He said the lungs seems to be clear but he has ordered a chest xray for tomorrow to be sure.
Tonight Jim was a little sad that the girls had left. I had been there two hours and was falling asleep and was going to go and he said please don't go. So I stayed another hour and we just talked. My heart just breaks for him and what he is going through. He did eat his soup for me tonight but he wouldn't eat anything else. He did not want his wound care but I told the nurse to just do it. It is too important for him to miss these treatments.
Off to bed early. Really tired tonight.

No comments: