Sunday, November 25, 2007

The end of Thanksgiving Weekend


Well I really haven't blogged much this weekend because I have been so busy. I have spent a lot of time with Jim. We have just been hanging out and watching movies or football games.
He's doing pretty good actually. He has been off the vent during the day and back on at night so that he can rest comfortably. They gave him two pints of blood yesterday to bring up his hemocrat level. This always gives him some extra pep. The nurse today decided Jim needed to get outside and breath some fresh air. So into a chair he went and we spent almost an hour outside. Now for Jim being outside for an hour for any reason is a lot. He isn't really an outside person. He did enjoy it though and I think it was good for him. The nurse said we should do this every day. We're hoping tomorrow they will allow him to eat again. So wish us luck.
Today was decorating day. Jackie and I put this outside lights on her house, mom's house and my house. So the season has begun. I have Christmas stuff everywhere, laundry to do and the house to clean. And I'm leaving Wednesday for Chicago. Windy City here I come. I'm coming for a much need break and some hugs from three very special little boys. They want to hug their grandma on her birthday.
Speaking of Birthdays. Jim's is Saturday. He needs birthday cards. We need to perk him up and what better way than to hear from all of you. Down with the get well up with the birthday cards. You can send them to Healthsouth Ridgelake Hospital, 6150 Edgelake Drive, Sarasota, FL 34240.
Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving weekend. A special thank you to my friend Barbara for a lovely Thanksgiving dinner. It was wonderful.

No comments: