Monday, November 19, 2007

A little depression today

Because Jim is back on the vent he can no longer eat. Because he can not eat he can not take any oral medications. This means he can not take his anti depressant medication. He has now been off this for four days and it is showing. He just layed there today looking at the ceiling. I could not get him to talk to me or get interested in anything. I stayed most of the day with him trying to perk him up. Finally I just put in a movie. I had rented 3 today. I put in the comedy Chuck and Larry and did not say anything to him. I could tell he was getting into the movie and then I started to see him smile.

I don't know about you but I would be depressed also. He has been so great throughout this ordeal and we have come so far. I hope he can hang in there and see this through even though there are bumps in the road.

The nurse told me tonight that he was awake and watching the football game. He was totally cooperative so that is a good sign. Good night to all.

No comments: