Sunday, November 4, 2007

Lazy Sunday

Today Jim and I just hung out. When I got to the hospital around noon Jim was coming down from a fever. He was sweating and then had chills and then the sweats. I asked the nurse for some ice and gave him an ice cold bath. It worked. The fever broke and he was so much better. When he has these fevers his face is beet red. After about an hour of this his face looked normal. We don't really know what spikes these fevers but around 2:00 his temp was 98 so that was good.

Misty was with us today and we watched some football. The Bucs won so that was good. Next came the Colts game and sadly they lost. (But guess who I had in the losers pool). Hint I'm still in. Jim is now out of the losers pool. He had Green Bay. It seemed like a normal Sunday. I spent the afternoon reading the paper and watching football with Jim.

Dr. Liggett came in and was gushing all over Jim. Wow looks what's happened in the six days I was gone. You're off he vent and it's not even in the room. You are eating. She said to Jim, "We are going to get you better and get you home. You have the right attitude and she patted his head and said, your brain and heart are in the right place and you are getting there. She wanted to tweak his lasix because he has some adema in his hands and feet but she said that is minor.

Muriel I asked her about the baby food and she said go for it. She said if he wants fruit that is the way to go. If he has a fruit craving something in his body wants it. I stopped at the store on the way home and bought 4 jars of fruit and some chicken and noodles. Will try it tomorrow. He just does not like their hot food.

I almost have my guest room done. It is all painted now I have to put everything back in order and hang the shelves. Pictures to come. I am done painting. I have been painting or 4 months. That is enough.

No comments: