Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Having a Melt Down Day

Today has not been a really good day for me. Earlier I did not know why. I went to the hospital around noon today to just hang out with Jim. I picked up Live Free Die Hard with Bruce Willis that came out on DVD today. I had seen it in the theatre but that was after Jim's surgery. He was excited to see the movie. I pulled up 2 chairs and pillow and put the rail down on Jim's bed and we cuddled and watched the movie. Both of us fell asleep for awhile. Jim longer than me. The nurse told me Jim was doing just fine.

I watched Oprah and when Josh Grosman sang one of his songs I just cried. They tired to take Jim off the vent but he just wasn't strong enough and that made me cry. I came home for awhile and that made me cry. My mom came over and that made me cry. It just was not a good day.

I went back to the hospital at 8:00. Guess what Jim is not fine. I am so mad I could spit and may spit before the night is over. Jim has a temperature of 103 and has had all day and no one told me. Plus Dr. Vega took him off of all the antiabiotics. I was there 5 hours and no one told me. What is wrong with these people.

Nurse Mary put a call into the doctor and he is coming in. I have been calling there every half hour and I still do not have any answers. Dr. Hume told me that Jim would be on these antiabiotics indefinitely. Linda Johnson told me today that she faxed BCBS today that he would be on these antiabiotics indefinitely. Now I can't get any answers from anyone. I know I am ranting but it's all I can do.

Mary said they are running all the cultures but that takes days. This may be a very long night for me.

No comments: