Monday, November 12, 2007

Jim may be moving




Jim may be moving to a Skilled Nursing Hospital. Blue Cross Blue Shield feels that Jim is now well enough to be moved to a skilled nursing hospital. The hospital he is now in is considered an ICU hospital. As we all know the insurance companies rule our lives. He has been accepted to Manor Health Care. But . . . the temperature that he spiked yesterday is causing some problems. The infectous disease doctor has order blood and sputum cultures to see why he spiked the temperature. Because of this he will stay where he is until we find the problem.


Now I am not all that happy about this situation. He will get a lower level of care and we really do not need this right now. Yes he is getting better but he is getting better because of the care he is receiving from the nurses at Health South.He has an exceptional wound care nurse and his entire care right now centers on his wounds. I am not sure how much say I am going to have on this but I am voicing my concerns. Dr. Hume/Liggett will no longer be his doctors and that is a problem for me.


I have been assured if there is any problem he will be sent to Sarasota Memorial and Dr. Hume will once again take over and ultimately he'll be back at Health south. This will be very trumatic for JIM and that is not what I want.




Today we did some shopping and visited with Jim. His sisters and Kathy spent the afternoon with him. This evening we went out to dinner and then came back to the house and played cards.

No comments: