Friday, November 16, 2007

So Much Better Today


Jim is so much better today. When I got to the hospital this morning he looked rested and comfortable. He was on the vent but they had changed it to pressure support. This means

that he is breathing on his own but if he needs help it is there. He had a lot os secretions but they were staying on top of them. His vitals were all normal and his oxygen saturation was back to 100 percent. We watched I Thee Wed DVD and he was laughing throughout the movie. I felt it was OK for me to go ahead and play in the Sarasota Sectional for one session.

I came back after the session and he was doing great. The tech said the doctor had been in and they decided to keep in on the vent overnight and try to take it off in the morning. So that is the plan. All vitals normal. All blood oxygen levels are fine. He looked happy and content. I shared some bridge hands with him and he told me what I did wrong. So the day went great and we'll see what tomorrow brings.

I told him that Paul Soloway died this week and he was sad to hear this news. Our sympathies go out to his family. Deibetes is such a horrible disease and is relentless on the body.

It was so sad to see Jim's family leave on Wednesday. We hope to see they again soon. Guys, remember when it snows a foot it's time to make a trip to Florida.

Thanks Kay and Bob for the card. Jim loved your hug.

No comments: