Sunday, October 14, 2007

Working on getting off the vent



Today Jim had another good day. He was off the vent for quite awhile.When he's off the vent he can talk and that is so much better than trying to figure out what he is trying to say. We had two TV's going again and he loves doing that. We watched most of the Buc's game together. Yeah they won. Jim continues to have wound issues but they are working on them. If we can get him off the vent then he can eat. He really needs the nutrients that food provides. The liquid food can only do so much.

On another football note. Go USF. The University of South Florida is having a great year and for us alums it is fantastic. Everyone has always thought that USF is this small school in Florida. But . . . I believe it is now the largest school in Florida and they now can play football. They play at the Bucaneer stadium and they are drawing huge crouds. They might even be ranked nationally.

I had quite a weekend. I took a stamping class on Saturday and this is the layout I made. I'm still catching up on Lucas. This class was taught by Nicki and what a fantastic teacher she it. On Friday night I went to a crop and was working on this great book on Jim and I. I'll share more of it when I get it done. It is really great to go to these crops and just unwind. I really need this time away from the hospital and all of my worries.
Tonight I had dinner with two great old friends from college. They have recently retired and moved to Florida. It was great catching up and laughing about old times. We also talked about our other close friends and we all hope to see them sometime in the future. Tonight made me realize that it is really true that the friends you make in college are your friends forever. We scatter after college, have careers and have families but it is always wonderful to see each other again.

No comments: