Wednesday, October 3, 2007

We've Been Married 9 Years Today





Jim and I were married 9 years ago today. Today is our anniversary and even though he is in the hospital we had a party. I brought in balloons, cards, and cake for everyone. I wanted to make the day special for Jim. Unknown to me my sister and Jim had cooked up a surprise for me. When I went into his room there was a dozen red roses and a card from Jim. My mother brought over a white rose and cards from her. Mom and Jackie met us at the hospital and Pastor Bohl came in and did a small wedding ceremony and prayers. It was really special to have this special time together. Jackie also arranged for a card from Jim on my front door this morning. What a special day it was for Jim and I today.
The head nurse Joann was also celebrating her anniversary. Guess what . . . 9 years for her too. Small world. The staff and visitors all enjoyed the cake. Plus you want to know how stupid I am. I brought in a candle to make the room smell really nice and it did. But, about 2 hours later a nurse came in a freaked. She blew it out and said this is too dangerous we have oxygen in here. Oh my God, I never even thought about that. Plus there must have been 4 or 5 nurses in while the candle was lit. None of us even thought about it.
Well the wonderful sand bed is now gone. The have brought in a new bed for Jim. It is a pulsating bed. They changed it this afternoon. Jim is having breathing issues and Dr. Morgan felt it was the bed because he could really not sit up so fluids were building up in his lungs so she ordered the new bed. It actually does a pulsing on his back. 8 minutes four times an hour. This is supposed to losen up the fluids. The bed also goes to a sitting position exactly like a chair. I asked about the bed sore issue and they said the lung issue takes precident. Jim continues with his four antiobiotics and dressing changes three times a day. He asked for pain meds late afternoon and this let him take a much needed nap.
Thank you Mom and Jackie for helping make this such a special day.

No comments: