Sunday, October 21, 2007

Sunday Update

I spent the afternoon with Jim. We watched the Bucaneers on TV. As we all know from Friday Jim and I had different thoughts on this game. Sadly for me they lost but it just means Jim is still in the Loser Pool. So am I but I picked Minnesota to lose and we were able to watch this game also.

Jim slept on and off today. He has a fever of 101.7. The sent out some blood tests and they all came back normal. They did a urine culture but that is not back. They have also cultured the bedsore. They believe this may now be infected. It has a bad odor and this is one indication. He did not want any pain meds today and no anexiety medication. He also did not want to try to go off the vent. He was comfortable and looked really relaxed and comfortable. This is what I want for him. There is no need for him to be in pain if he doesn't need to. He is able to decide what medications he wants and which he doesn't.

I saw a little fear in his eyes today. I don't want to see this so I keep my terror to myself and put on a cheerful face.

He just held my hand today and we shared some quiet time together. Right now this is important to us. Being together and loving each other. I'm content knowing that Nurse Gwen is taking care of him tonight. She is really good.

No comments: