Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Jim Was Calling Me Today

Today Jim really missed me. I went in to see him about 11:00 and they took him off the vent. We had a really good visit and then he decided he needed to sleep. I told him I'd be back around 6:00. Well at 6:05 he had the nurse call the house for him. Of course I wasn't there because I was on my way to the hospital. He missed me - how great is that. So many times he's sleeping and does not much care if I'm there or not. He was off the vent again and we had a nice time together. He wanted me to message his hands. They have been hurting him. About 8:00 he decided it was again time to sleep. That's OK because he had had a great day. Pain meds only once. Off the vent about 6 hours. Wound vac change and two dressing changes. All of this can tire a guy out.

I went to the scrapbook store for my weekly scrap and dash. (One hour work on a predetermined layout for $5. A little chit chat and goofing off. Fun way to spend an hour. Here is the layout I did. I'm trying to catch up. Poor Lucas needs more pages for his alblum.

My only mishap for the day was the telephone wire. In remodeling the kitchen I had taken down the 15 year old phone jack. Yesterday I bought a new one so I cut the phone cord and tried to install the new one. Woops. It does not work. Consequently my TV phone cord is stretched across the living room and plugged into the sun room phone jack. Oh well I'll think about this tomorrow.

Jim says to say thanks to Demaris and Chuck for the card. It was really funny.

No comments: