Sunday, October 7, 2007

Doctor Report - Jim Stable


Jim and I met with Dr. Hume today to get an update on his condition. He said, for his part, everything but the infection, Jim is Stable! But he does understand that the infection has not gotten any worse. Jim is about the same as last week. No upward or downward trend, just the same. However, they are making progress with his breathing. The doctor says Jim continues to improve and that it is his hope that Jim will soon be off the ventilator completely. Today he was off hte vent for several hours but went back on after his dressing changes. These are very taxing and he needed the extra oxygen support. However today he did not need any extra pain medication. I guess he was interested in the football games and that kept his mind busy. The three times daily dressing changes can be kinda of hard on him. He continues to get 4 antiobiotics. The strongest that they have.
Since Jim has 2 TV's in his room he takes full advantage of this. He has Nascar on one TV and the football game on the other one. Tonight he was watching regular TV and had the Bears on the other TV.
See my new buffet quilt. Mom made this for me to put on my buffet. It looks great and matches my new kitchen and dining room. Today I painted the accent wall between the kitchen and the dining room. I have the tape up for the rest of the hallway and hope to get it painted tomorrow and then this project will be done. Yeah!!!!!!. Now I wonder what I'll do next since this has kept me busy for the last two months. It would have made Jim crazy with the paint stuff everywhere. I told him this today and he just laughed.

No comments: