Thursday, October 4, 2007

The Kitchen is Done!!!!!!

The old kitchen and the ugly apples.



The new kitchen.

For those of you that have been to my house you may remember the apples. Weren't they awful . . . but they are gone forever. I can not believe it actually took me two months to finish this project. The old owners did a really awful job when they painted the kitchen. From what I gather it was originally painted brown, then yellow. But, the owner that put on the yellow did a horrible job. There were bubbles and paint drips and globs of paint everywhere. I had to sand every single door and that included both sides. They painted over all of the hardware so I pitched all of it and started over. It was ok because it really needed updating. It is now an apricot orange with white doors. It looks really stunning. Some day I'll get a black counter but for right now that is only in my dreams. I am going to add asparigus accents to finish it off.

Jim rested most of the day today. He was on Cpap the whole day which is really good because they couldn't get him on it yesterday. The new bed is breaking up the congestion and he did not sound so raspy today. But all of this did wear him out. He did wake up for me late afternoon and we decided on our Loser Pool pics. He continues with his wound care and antiobiotics. As you could tell from yesterday's photo he is alert and fully aware of what is going on. Today he even got mad at me because I would not give him water. Once again I had to explain that he has to be on his speaking valve for 48 hours before that happens. They hope to start this tomorrow.

I was starting to get worried about running out of medicare days but luckily that is not going to be a problem. I found out today that Jim's Blue Cross Blue Shield supplement gives him 365 days of 100 percent coverage. So we are good on this.

Today I also went to the caregiver/spouse's support group. This was really helpful to be able to talk over my problems with people that are in the same situation. The facilitator was a psycologist and he was really great. I got a lot out of this and actually look forward to the next session in two weeks.

No comments: