Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Mom won, Jackie Won, Patty . . . No Bingo

Once again I did not get to yell Bingo. Close but no cigars. Jackie and Mom both won tonight. My only consolation was that Jackie had to split her's six ways. One time if they called B5 Jackie and I would have both won. Oh well there is always next week.

Bowled this morning and had to set an average. It was definitely a good day to set an average. 92, 100 and 110. Great way to start. I am bowling in a morning ladies league. Thought it was time to get out and do some exercise.

No ups or downs for Jim today. Typical fight for water and my saying no and him getting mad at me. So what's new. He was off the ventilator while I was there. They are not ready to have him off without someone in the room. Physical therapy came and he did really good. He can raise his arms above his head, he can rub his head and do all of the arm exercises. I was amazed at his progress. They are really working hard with him. Everyone wants him to succeed and they are amazing with him.

I got some smiles out of him today when I talked about our three grandchildren. I told him that Lucas was starting to walk. He was amazed by this as he still thinks of him as a little baby. I told him that Josh was saying bad words and that mommy was going to put hot chili peppers in his mouth. I think he is copying daddy when he watches baseball and football since none of our teams are doing well. He got a real laugh at this because he does the same thing. Josh will have to learn the grandpa shrug. I also told him that Jack was sick over the weekend but was better today once school started again. Jack you are supposed to be well on the weekend and sick during the week.

Love to all. Thanks Bob and Debbie, Ron and Phyliss, Betsy and Muriel for the cards. You really lifted Jim's spirits.

No comments: