Thursday, May 1, 2008

Remembering


A friend sent me this poem today and it is really beautiful. I wanted to share it with all of you. I had a quiet day talking to friends and family. This photo was taken the first Christmas Jim and I spent together. It was also the first time I met Jim's family in South Bend. What a wonderful family they are and they love to be together. They just make you smile being with all this very large family. I come from a very small family so it was with great joy that I am part of their lives. I think about you every day as we face this loss together.


Do Not Cry
Do not cry for me, my dear…

My last wish is for you to

carry me with the breezes

when they swirl delicatelybeneath the storms you’ll

gather amidst your spirit.

As rain pelts harshly against your heart,

let the soothing trickle calm your soul.

When you feel like you’re drowning,

lay down quietly and savour the tranquillity

of memories, allow them to cleanse your pain.

I’ll speak to you through nature’s gifts

and I’ll never be far from your door.

When colourless clouds surround your mind,

I’ll paint them brightly with tones of love.

I’ll ask the birds who sing so sweetly

if I can borrow their voice

to remind you I haven’t gone far.

Every leaf or feather you see floating

is me, asking you not to cry.

Each pebble you see washed upon the shore

is your reminder that I didn’t die.

The rippling waters are my giggles

and the wave-tops are me saying hello.

Never forget how much I love you…

1 comment:

mama j said...

Beautiful!

Glad you went by K2 tonight-I wondered if you'd be there and wanted, so badly, to stop by...but, the kind of day I've had.....LOL!

Continued prayers for you and your family! (AND I LOVE your LOs below......especially the all boy one, from SnD.)