Monday, May 26, 2008

I'm Home


Well I have returned home this weekend and ready to face all of my challenges. I spent three weeks in Chicago and it really helped to get it together. I stayed with my good friend Adrienne (shown at left) and her whole family were just what the doctor ordered. Rest and relaxation. Adrienne has 21 grandchildren and they really put a smile on your face. This is a photo with the youngest 3. We played some bridge, shopped and ate Chicago pizza. What fun.
The saddest part for me was not seeing much of my grandchildren but hopefully this will work out in the future. I think Jim was looking out for me because when I got to the airport there were my grandchildren on the same plane as me going to Florida and then on to Disney World. The first thing I heard was Grandma you're here. Then once I was on the plane there was Jim again because they were sitting right in front of me. I got to enjoy them for the entire plane ride. What are the odds of this happening.
It was so sad to come home to my empty house. My Jim will never be here again. Thank goodness for Misty because she had a great big welcome for me. I can tell you that she really missed me. She has not left my side since my returning. I have not done much for the past two days. I'm just catching up with my feelings and getting ready to face the future.
Thank you everyone for all of the notes and cards and phone calls. You are so wonderful. As soon as I dig out from all the mail I have thank you notes to write so that will keep me busy. I also have to find a job with health care. Not that will be a challenge. Love to all.

No comments: