Sunday, May 4, 2008

Now I have a cold

Wouldn't you just know it, I've been healthy for 11 months and this weekend I get a cold. I've stayed in bed most of the day today and will worry about things tomorrow. I leave for Chicago tomorrow night so I have the whole day.

My friends Adrienne, Caty and Larry were here this weekend. They were here for Jean Christopher's funeral in Tampa on Saturday. It was a very nice service but very emotional for me. Bill had a videotape of Jean and Bill's wedding party running before the service and later at his home. Little did I know that when I heard the sound at Bill's home that it would be my Jim doing the video and his voice was everywhere because he was doing all of the interviewing of the guests. It as very odd for me to hear is voice this way. This video was taken 16 years ago. There was a segment on the video of Jim doing the polka. He was very light on his feet and all I could think of that he was whole again and dancing the polka. It drained me to watch this but in a very good way.

Now it's back to bed to get rid of the horrible cold.

1 comment:

mama j said...

Wow-what a week of events Patty! It's no wonder you're sick....and our bodies are incredible in how they remain strong when we need them to be the strongest....think of how many days "extra" you were blessed with, with Jim, over the past 11 months, b/c you stayed healthy! Take care--drink lots of fluid-especially flying tomorrow! My prayers are w/ you!