Saturday, May 10, 2008

We Said Goodbye

Yesterday we said goodbye to my Jim. The day was hard but so many friends and family joined us to celebrate Jim's life. It was so wonderful. The service was in Elmhurst, Ill. and it was just what Jim would have wanted. It was simple but lovely. The family entered the church to Dancing Queen and it brought smiles to the faces of those in the church. They just knew that that was Jim. He loved Abba. The retired minister spoke and he knew Jim so well. Angie spoke of Jim's bridge life and Gesa sang Ava Maria so beautifully it brought tears to my eyes. My grandsons sat on either side of me along with my sister and we remembered grandpa.

Afterward we went to a Braur House and toasted Jim's life. The pizza was perfect and I heard repeated toasts all day. Yes Jim is smiling and dancing to Abba. He is now at home at Notra Dame and Life Is Good.

No comments: