Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Grandma Hugs Are the Best




I'm here in Chicago now and I have to tell you that the best medicine for healing is big hugs from the most wonderful grandchildren in the world. I spent most of the day with them yesterday and there is absolutely nothing better. Jack, Josh and Lucas came to see me yesterday and oh yes they brought their amazing mother Teresa with them. She got to sit back and just enjoy the afternoon. My friend Adrienne had 4 of her grandchildren here also and the 7 of them spent the entire afternoon out in the back yard playing. There is a club house and swings and balls. What fun. Then just for the children's enjoyment a car exploded down the street and the flames were huge. Then we had firemen and trucks. The children just loved all the excitement.
Now there were some hard moments to. Jack asked me why his grandfather had to die and that was so hard to explain. Jack is six and he is trying to understand. Josh who is 2 asked me where grandpa was because he knows where I go grandpa goes. I tried to explain and I think they understood. In the end I told them to just put their hand on their heart and to just say I love you grandpa and he would hear their prayers.
Today I made all the final arrangements with the church and celebration site and I believe we are all set. Jim's son Tom comes tomorrow and we all hope to have dinner together.
Wanted to share some photos from yesterday.

1 comment:

mama j said...

Good to "hear" an update on you! If you want some good Children's books references in dealing w/ the loss of a loved one, email me and I'll get you the name of a couple....

You're in my thoughts and prayers.