Wednesday, May 14, 2008

A Little Behind in Blogging



This picture of my sister makes me happy. My friends in Chicago have an English Terrier Pit bull. This dog believes he is a lap dog as you can see in this photo. My sister was so shocked when Arenot jumped up on her lap but she just laughed. Right now she probably has my little Misty in her lap. What a difference.

I spent Monday with my grandchildren, Kathryn and Teresa. We went to Buffalo Wings and ate appetizers and played video games. Being together always makes me happy.

Yesterday Adrienne and I ran errands and just goofed off. We even played bridge last night. Bridge makes me happy and it is not something I have done a lot of lately. Not having Jim across the table from me makes me sad because he so loved the game.

We lost another friend yesterday. David Gilbert, age 50, died of a massive heart attack and died before the ambulance made it to the hospital. We will go to his funeral Friday to mourn the loss of another friend. That makes three. All on a Tuesday and all two weeks apart.

I'm trying hard to find something that makes me happy today. I've spent the day just resting and thinking about Jim and our life together. He made me happy. He loved me and for right now that makes me happy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for the loss of another loved one. I also think that it is OK to be sad. And angry. I think it is OK to not find the "happy" in your day today or for that fact even tommorow. Where you find comfort, peace, and happiness will eventually be a bigger part of your life but right now it is OK to be sad. You are not being anything but you and the truth and honesty in that is what will help you heal on your terms, and not anyone elses. We are so used to rushing around and rushing through things that sometimes it just catches up to us. Don't try to rush your feelings because eventually they will return in the most unexpected places. It is OK to not be OK. I wish you comfort and peace Patty.

Amanda