Thursday, August 28, 2008

Scrapbook Room Is All Done









I have finally completed my scrapbook room. I special ordered two counters. One is 10 feet long and the other is eight feet long. On one counter I have my home office and the other is my scrapbook area. At the Habitat home improvement center I found 3 used cabinets that would work perfectly. I sanded them down and then painted them white. They were originally kitchen cabinets and work perfectly for what I wanted.


Over the past year I have been buying the craft cubes one at a time. I finally have enough to store all of my materials plus they look great. The one blank wall will eventually have a futon which will double as a guest room. Right now it just has Misty's pillow where she sleeps while I work.
I added the Making Memories wall center which I picked up at Michael's with one of my 40% off coupons. On the other side of the window is my memory and inspiration board. I painted the frame white and then put in a piece of sheet metal. It is completely magnetic and a great place to hang memorabilia and inspiration items.
I'm still having some issue with cords. The wall plug under the computer area is not working so I have to run power from the other wall. My handyman is coming next week to replace the plug. I'll then be able to hide the plugs in the white box. I drilled holes on each side of the counter so I could run cords from the top to the bottom. This works really well and home depot even had the inserts to put in the holes.
I'm really proud of my do it yourself room. It took me a while but it is finally done.

No comments: