Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Back To Normal




I think things are back to normal after Fay. The porch is all put back together, the trash has been picked up (a day late) and most of the supplies have been put back on the shelf. Went to water aerobics this morning and there were only four of us. I guess the gray skies kept everyone away but I must say it felt really good to work out and get those muscles going.
Went to Scrap and Dash tonight. After all it is Wednesday. One layout celebrates some of the women in my life and the other highlights my grandson Jack. Thanks everyone for the support on that issue.
Many people wanted to know if I thought it was worth the evacuation. All I can say is that if we had not gone when Sarasota Country ordered the evacuation I am sure that Fay would have come directly at us. Sure it was a lot of bother and expense but none of that matters if my family is safe and that is all that matters. We did choose a hotel over a shelter. I just can not image going to a middle school and taking all of the bedding you need plus putting Misty in a cage and leaving her in a room full of other dogs. We would just not have been comfortable. Many people where I live did not evacuate and the next time I wonder if they do stay and something happens how devastating that will be for everyone. It is always better to be safe, so yes, I'll evacuate the next time. I just hope there is not a next time.

No comments: