Sunday, June 22, 2008

Laid Back Weekend


I had a very laid back weekend. Yesterday it rained most of the day so was in most of the day. In the morning Jackie and I went to breakfast and then to Habitat home improvement. This store has tons of used building parts. They have everything from nuts and bolts to windows and doors. Most of this stuff is used but they do have new things in boxes. I was looking for two cabinets for my scrapbook/craft room. I envision a Formica counter top sitting on two cabinets. Buying all of this stuff is expensive so I am looking for used. New cabinets cost $113 and up. I was able to find 2 really nice cabinets for $39. I will need to sand them and paint them. But in the end they will be perfect. Love that I can do this stuff myself and have it look great. At least that is what I am hoping for. Once I get the cabinets done I'll go back and look for a counter.
I made spaghetti last night for dinner and then we played Hands and Foot. Just a nice relaxing dinner. I made an orange cake with chocolate frosting to celebrate Jim's new home. This was his favorite. Honey I am always thinking about you.
Spent time at the pool today. What a glorious day it was after yesterday's rain. Then went to the early bird movie and saw Get Smart. Got to love the $5 movie. Have a great week. Wish me luck on my job search. There are a number of jobs in today's paper so I will follow up on these tomorrow.

No comments: